Heart Institute at St. Joseph Hospital
Getting to the Heart of the Matter
ardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death for American men and women. In fact, approximately 1 million lives are claimed as a result of cardiac disease. In most of these cases, heart disease, such as arrhythmia, stroke, coronary heart disease, heart attack, and heart failure, could have been entirely preventable.
According to the Heart Foundation:
- Someone in the United States dies from cardiovascular disease every 33 seconds
- More people die of heart-related illness more than AIDS and cancer combined
- An estimated 80 million Americans have one or more types of heart disease
- The total cost of heart disease in the U.S. is an estimated $448.5 billion
As evidenced by the above mentioned statistics, cardiovascular disease is a very real problem in the United States. This is why it will be crucial to seek out a team of medical experts to ensure that you are receiving the best possible health and heart care. Come to St. Joseph Hospital to reduce your risk of heart disease and ensure a long, healthy life.
Building Healthier Hearts One Patient at a Time
The Heart Institute offers:
- Open Heart Surgery
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Interventions (Using Stents and Angioplasty)
- Electrophysiology Studies
- Intra and Bi-Ventricular Cardiac Defibrillators
- Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) Repairs
- Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) Repairs
- EKG and Doppler Studies
- Cardiac Rehabilitation and Exercise Conditioning Programs
We offer comprehensive medical care to treat the cardiovascular health of all patients. Some of our services include diagnostic studies of the heart, as well as therapy and heart treatment. Our team of highly skilled physicians and clinical caregivers specialize in everything from heart disease prevention to comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services.
The Heart Institute at St. Joseph Hospital has pioneered the way in providing cardiac treatment services to residents and patients in the North Coast. This means quality care close to home that includes prevention and education, as well as full cardiac rehabilitation programs.
Working Together to Provide Seamless Care
Are you in need of higher-level medical services? At St. Joseph Hospital, we work closely with your primary healthcare provider to ensure that all details, care, and necessary information are properly coordinated. Our specialty cardiology services can be offered in both hospital and outpatient settings.
For more information about our cardiac care services, please contact us or directly call (888)432-7819 or (707)269-3770.